Straighten your teen’s teeth without braces
If you live with teenagers, you’ll know how self-conscious they can be about their appearance. At Wickham Terrace Dental, we understand that this usually means traditional bulky metal braces aren’t a favoured option!
That’s why we’ve introduced a new, high-tech way to straighten your teen’s teeth – without anyone noticing they’re having treatment.
Give your teen the self-confidence of a beautiful, straighter and healthier smile
Invisalign Teen is a practically invisible treatment that can correct your teen’s bite without their friends noticing. Compared to traditional orthodontics, Invisalign Teen is far more discreet, more comfortable, and easier to clean.
The aligners are also completely removable, so your teen can brush and floss as normal, and take an occasional break from their treatment – which can make all the difference when they’re attending important social events!
Importantly, when worn for the recommended 22 hours a day, Invisalign Teen is just as effective as traditional methods for correcting the most common issues.
It all adds up to an ideal orthodontic treatment for teenagers, allowing them to enjoy straighter teeth without the discomfort, self-consciousness, and restrictions that come with old-fashioned metal wires and brackets.
Find out more about Invisalign Teen today
Invisalign Teen could be the ideal treatment to correct your teen’s teeth. To find out more about the benefits of Invisalign Teen aligners, or to book your consultation in our Brisbane dental practice, contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why choose Invisalign Teen?
Specifically designed for teenage patients who don’t yet have their complete set of adult teeth, Invisalign Teen offers many advantages over traditional orthodontic treatments such as braces.
Invisalign Teen is:
- Easy to monitor, thanks to special blue indicator dots that gradually fade as the aligners are worn for the right amount of time.
- Very discreet, using clear hi-tech plastic aligners which are difficult to see.
- More comfortable than metal braces which can irritate the mouth, thanks to the smoothness of the plastic aligners.
- Just as effective as traditional methods for correcting the most common issues.
- Easier to clean than old-fashioned metal wires and braces which aren’t removable.
What issues can Invisalign Teen correct?
Invisalign Teen can address many common alignment issues, including:
- Overcrowded teeth caused by a lack of space in the jaw, which can lead to an increased chance of gum disease.
- Widely spaced teeth due to extra jaw space, which can cause shifting teeth, periodontal disease, and eventual tooth loss.
- Crossbites caused by misalignment of the upper and lower jaws, resulting in worn teeth, gum disease and bone loss.
- Overbites where the upper teeth overlap the lower teeth, leading to gum problems, worn teeth, or jaw and joint problems.
- Underbites where the lower teeth protrude past the front teeth, causing increased tooth wear or painful jaw and joint problems.
How does Invisalign Teen work?
Invisalign Teen uses clear, discreet aligners which your teen continuously wears over their teeth, except when eating and drinking, or brushing and flossing.
Each set of high-tech aligners is worn for about two weeks, gradually moving teeth closer to their ideal position, before being replaced by the next aligner in the series. Your teen’s teeth are efficiently straightened, without the need for metal or wires.
Is Invisalign Teen suitable for my teenager?
The ideal Invisalign treatment will depend on your teen’s stage of teeth development. Younger teens who don’t yet have all of their adult teeth can be treated with Invisalign Teen, while older teenagers may be better off with regular adult Invisalign.